Vision and Values
We want people to hear the Good News about Jesus Christ:
- We will seek opportunities individually and together to tell as many people as possible the life changing news of Jesus.
We want people to believe the Good News about Jesus Christ:
- As self-centred people we need to turn to God and put our trust in Jesus. Then as believers we need to grasp our new identity in Him. We will apply our minds to understanding the Christian faith as revealed in the Bible so that we might serve Jesus wholeheartedly.
We want people to follow Jesus Christ:
- We will encourage one another to grow in our relationship with God by using our gifts to serve one another. We will equip every Christian to serve Jesus faithfully for a lifetime, training men and women to be more like Jesus. We will depend on the Holy Spirit in our daily living and speak about Jesus in a needy world.
What We Believe
- That God eternally exists in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit and that together they are one God who made heaven and earth
- That the Bible is the inspired Word of God to everyone
- That God sent His Son Jesus Christ into the world so that we might be saved, He became a man, fully man and fully God; He lived a sinless life, died and rose again, ascended to heaven and will return in glory as the judge of everyone
- That we are sinful and need to be saved from God’s judgement
- That Jesus Christ has paid the penalty for our sin by his death on the cross
- That everyone who repents of their sin and trusts in Jesus as their Lord and saviour receives eternal life and becomes adopted into God’s family
- That the person, power and presence of the Holy Spirit are still at work today
- That the Bible instructs us to share Communion in memory of our Lord’s sacrifice and to baptise believers in water by immersion
- That it is important to meet together as a local church to love, encourage, teach and serve one another.