I lift up my eyes to the hills– where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 121 v 1
Welcome to our service. The speaker today is Tim Goodall and the service leader is Simon Quelch. The subject is “To the Gentiles” based on Romans 15: vs 14-33.
Tea and coffee will be served in the back hall after the service. Roger and Peter are responsible for tea and coffee today.
Tea and Coffee on Sunday mornings If we are to continue to have refreshments after the service, we urgently require more people to help. Please have a word with Ann Frost if you would like to help.
Please join us at 10.10 in the upstairs youth room for prayer. If you would like someone to pray with you after the service Richard and Sarah will be available.
Food Bank – If you have any items for the food bank please put them in the box in the entrance hall.
Holiday Club at Maldon Methodist Church, Monday 29 July to Friday 2 August: 10am to 12 noon This is a fun-based activity week for children aged from 3 – 16 years. It includes songs, drama, puppets, craft, stories and much more. There is no charge for children to attend.
For more information and an application form, www.maldonmethodistchurch.org.uk call 07963 741132
Southwold Beach Mission – Please pray for the Mission which starts on the 27th July until 10th August & for those helping.
Revival Prayer Meeting – this evening, Sunday 21st July, at 6.00 pm.
Home Groups Combined Prayer Meeting – Thursday 7.45 pm at the church.
Home Group questions for the Friday group.
- How easy do you find it to have Jesus conversations with Christian friends and family? What helps you to talk naturally about your relationship with Jesus? What hinders you? What one thing can you commit to which will help you develop Jesus conversations?
- Paul values unity more than we tend to today. In our country at the moment (and across the Western world) there is a lot of disunity. What ways can Jesus’ people live a life of prophetic challenge to our culture by placing the same value on unity as Paul does?
- More practically and personally: is there a situation or a person with whom you are not currently united? What step can you take to move toward unity?
- Paul is clear that prayer is powerful, vital, and a privilege. Do you believe this? In what ways do you live out your belief that this is true?
- Move from theory to practice – in daily life, do you live like prayer is powerful, vital, and a privilege? What step can you take to get better at this?
- In what ways is it possible to give God a “get out clause” when we pray? Who are we protecting when we do that – God or ourselves?
- Are we too hasty to declare our prayers unanswered?
Please pray for Abigail and Joe as they get married in Cornwall next Saturday, 27th July. We wish them God’s blessing for their future together.
Date for your diary
Sunday 29th September, 6.30pm at the United Reformed Church. A united time of worship and prayer around the opportunities for schools’ work in the town.
Date for next year’s diary!!
Saturday 8th March 2020
The play, “The Hiding Place” is coming to Maldon – hopefully at Plume. It is put on by Oddments Theatre Company – and comes well recommended. See http://www.oddments-theatre.co.uk/main/content/hiding-place.
Sunday morning children’s activities – On the first Sunday of the month there is a family time together service at 10.30. On the remaining Sundays the children join the first part of the service, then go to separate parts of the building for their activities.