Welcome to this morning’s service – The service leader today is Phil Machin and the speaker is Paul Gymer.
Tea and coffee will be available in the back hall after the service and Shirley and Peter are responsible for this.
Please join us at 10.10 in the upstairs youth room for prayer before the service. If you would like someone to pray with you after the service Roger and Judith will be available.
Magazine Rack There is a new issue of BarnabasAid in the rack.
Key to Life? CTiM is bringing this mobile, cutting-edge experience sharing the story of Jesus through a unique, immersive session lasting up to one hour to 3 Maldon Primary Schools next week. The interactive experience is housed on a purpose-built lorry that transforms into a large learning space featuring floor to ceiling touch screens linked to a computer system. The content of each hour long “lesson” includes: Timelines, decorate a scene, story board activity, games, empathy with characters, short films, small group discussions, real biographies, voting and exploring our own opinions. There are chapters headed: The Christmas story; Jesus in history; A story Jesus told; A miracle Jesus did; The Easter story; ‘Does it matter now?’ and more.
A presenting team from Maldon churches are leading each session from Tuesday 31 October to Tuesday 7 November. For the first 4 days, Wentworth Primary School has kindly offered to host the resource and pupils from their Key Stage 2 are coming in on Tuesday and Wednesday. On Thursday & Friday, pupils from Maldon Primary are coming across to Wentworth. The vehicle is then moving to All Saints on the Monday-Tuesday. This will build on the “Open the Book” assemblies that these schools have been enjoying.
- Please pray for the presenting team and pupils as they come in each day
- For the smooth running of the technical aspects of the resource
- That we as presenters clearly lead the children through the presentations and give them space to reflect on what they are experiencing and ask questions
- That it will build on the relationships already established with the schools.
- A clip of the resource can be seen at: http://www.countiesuk.org/schools-work/key-to-life/key-to-life-introductory-video. We hope to have an after-school session for any from the churches to pop along too – details to follow once schools have confirmed their timetable.
“Improve your understanding of the Bible.” We will be looking at context, historical background, the intention of the author and different ‘levels’ of meaning. There are still a couple of places at Simon and Judy’s house each Sunday evening in November from 7.00- 8:30pm.
Thursday 30 November: 6 – 9pm Maldon Vintage Christmas Fayre Please put this in your diaries as we have a carol-singing stand again and opportunities to give out our literature. More details to follow.
The Wednesday group will meet at Rachel and Andy’s.
Judith and Roger’s group – to be confirmed.
Richard and Sarah’s group – please contact your leaders for information.
The Friday group will be meeting at Ken and Ellen’s.
Home Group Questions
- Three times in John 20.19-31 Jesus says “Peace be with you.” Peace with what/whom?
- From the story in this passage, why is it good to meet together?
- Can we identify with Thomas (see also the mentions of him in ch.11 and ch.14)? What was it that convinced Thomas? What convinces you?
- Are we mentioned in this passage?
- What are the practical consequences of confessing Jesus to be ‘My Lord and my God’?
Maldon Food Pantry – We have had a letter from the Maldon Food Pantry thanking us for the kind donation of food and £76.16 following our Harvest Service on the 1st October. They have been able to donate over 7,700 food parcels to individuals and families since the Food Pantry opened six years ago.
Essex Counties Support Meeting – Sunday November 12th
The meeting will begin formally at 5pm but there will be time before and after to view the “Key to Life?” resource. Tea and cake will be provided and Broomfield Road Evangelical Church has extended an invitation to join them for their evening service at which Doug Barnett will be speaking.