Welcome to this morning’s service the speaker is Paul Gymer and the service leader Richard Little. Please join us for a cup of tea or coffee in the back room after the service.
Tea and Coffee Rota Ann Frost and Gavin Fuller are responsible for teas and coffees today. Next week it will be Julian and Carolyn.
Sunday Morning prayer rota If you would like prayer after the service Richard and Sheila Little will be available.
Phil and Doreen Blowers would be grateful for your prayers as they lead the worship at Tollesbury Congregational Church this morning.
CAMEO We would love to see you at CAMEO tomorrow at 2.00 when Noel McMeekin will be visiting us to talk about his work in Ireland. Noel and his wife Liza are two of the people that we support financially and in prayer
Hannah Bostock prayer update from Family Church, Guildford
Very many thanks for the prayer support as well as the financial gifts. I have settled well into my new job – helping to run after school clubs – which run alongside the church-based placement. I would really appreciate prayer for the following :
- For increased energy with my new job.
- That I can show the children I am working with at my new job the love of Christ. That I would have patience with them even when they are testing it!
- For my old manager who had to leave work due to difficult circumstances, that she would find her hope in Christ.
- Praise report: For my new job, it really suits my passions and desires.Be Blessed, Hannah Bostock
Home groups will meet at the following homes
Shirley’s group – Simon and Judy’s.
Andy and Rachel’s – Ralph and Gilly’s
Anne and Phil’s Group – please contact them for details.
Friday group – please contact Val and Peter for details.
‘Pictures of the Church Ephesians 5.21-6.9.
The leader should choose whichever of the following questions would be helpful to your group (you won’t have time for all six):
- In what ways does the church submit to Christ (Eph.5.24)?
- Read Acts 11.19-30 & 13.1-3. In what ways was the church at Antioch a good model for us?
- Read 1 Pet.2.13-3.7. How should we submit to the authorities, to our bosses, and to our husbands? How should they treat us?
- Why does Paul tell the Ephesians (5.22-33) “wives, submit … husbands, love” and not the other way round. See also Tit.2.4 and 1 Pet.3.7 to get a balance.
- What does 1 Tim.2.8-15 tell us about the roles of men and women?
- Did Memucan give the king good advice in Esther ch.1?
Othona Outing – Sunday 19 June Please let your home group co-ordinator know that you are coming . We want to confirm numbers by the end of the month. Many thanks Andy Mugford.
Pentecost Service Thank-you to all who prayed for the event and those who attended and helped at it. The weather was amazing – a real answer to prayer. It was great to see so many in the “audience” as well as the number of members of the public who were attracted to the craft and face painting tent. Please continue to pray that the spiritual impact of all that went on will ripple out across the town. Andy.
Maldon Food Bank If you would like to contribute there is a box in the entrance hall for donations of non-perishable food.
Sunday morning children’s activities
On the first Sunday of the month we all stay together in Church. On the remaining Sundays the children join the first part of the service, then go to separate parts of the building for their activities.
We have three groups:
Mustard: an Early Years group, who meet upstairs.
Pepper and Mustard+ Infant and Junior groups, for up to secondary school age, who meet downstairs in the back hall.
Salt: a group for School Years 7 to 11, upstairs in the Youth Room on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month.
If you wish to use the church at any time please contact Valerie Lamb.
If you have any items for the notices please let Sheila Little have them by Friday lunchtime.