Welcome to this morning’s service Our speaker today is Ed Jones and the service leader is Nathan Mugford.
Sunday morning prayer meeting A prayer meeting, to which all are invited, is held at 10:10 am. Do join us in the Youth room upstairs as we prepare for the service in this very important way.
Coffee rota Phil Rowden and Peter Lamb are responsible for tea and coffee this morning and next week it will be Richard and Shirley Hornett.
Prayer If you would like someone to pray with you after the service Anne and Philip Reeve will be available.
Dates for your 2016 diary
We will be holding Fellowship lunches following the All Age services on 3rd April, 3rd July and 2nd October 2106. On these dates coffee will be served before the service.
There will be a Fellowship meeting on Sunday 8th May.
Phil and Doreen would be grateful for your prayers as they lead the service at Maldon Baptist Church this morning.
Ladies’ Bible Study On Tuesday 19th January a Ladies’ Bible Study will be starting to look at the basics of our Christian faith and how we can grow. Please do feel free to come along and bring anyone who you feel might find it helpful. The first one will be at Sarah Reynolds and will run from 10.30 – 12. If you have any questions please have a word with Rachel Mugford
Fullbridge Web site Make sure you visit the Fullbridge web site regularly at www.fullbridgechurch.com . The site has had a little ‘make over’ and now has a greater focus on ‘blog’ style updates. When you visit the web site take part in the ‘vote’ that you’ll find on the home page.
If you are on Twitter be sure to follow the church @fullbridge
Church Directory Rob Bennett is updating the church directory for the January 2016 publication. If your contact details have changed please let Rob or one of the Deacons know as soon as possible.
Home Group venues
The Wednesday group will be meeting at Rachel and Andy’s.
Shirley’s group will be meeting at Simon and Judy’s.
Anne and Philip’s group will be meeting at James and Michelle’s.
For the Friday group please contact Val or Peter.
Home Group Questions
1) What is the passage about, can you summarise what Paul is trying to say in a sentence or two?
2) Having read the passage, is there any verse that you particularly like or are drawn to? Share with one another what it is and why?
3) In practical terms what do you believe is the promise of God on your life?
4) Can you think of a time when God has been faithful even though the situation you were faced with seemed impossible?
5) How easy do you find it to always trust in God? What steps could you put in place that would help you not to turn when the going gets tough? How do you this already and in what other ways might you support one another at difficult times?
6) What difference has looking at this passage made for you personally and what difference can it make for Fullbridge as the local church?
If you have any notices please let Sheila Little have them by Friday lunchtime at the latest. Please also mark emails “notices” otherwise I might not see them.
Use of Fullbridge If you wish to use the church at any time please check with the deacons first to make sure it is ok and then contact Sheila Little to book the date. If you borrow anything from the church please make a note on the list in the back hall and also note when it is returned.
Maldon Food Bank If you would like to contribute there is a box in the entrance hall for donations of non-perishable food.
Sunday morning children’s activities
On the first Sunday of the month we all stay together in Church. On the remaining Sundays the children join the first part of the service, then go to separate parts of the building for their activities.
We have three groups:
Mustard: an Early Years group, who meet upstairs.
Pepper and Mustard+ Infant and Junior groups, for up to secondary school age, who meet downstairs in the back hall.
Salt: a group for School Years 7 to 11, upstairs in the Youth Room on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month.